Thursday, June 11, 2009

One Week and a Million Things

Well, our Mexico vacation is officially one week from today. Aaarrriba!!!! It's funny how when your vacation gets closer, your mind seems to drift further and further away from what you really need to be thinking about.

We have really been tested this week before our trip. Hazel has been sick since last Friday. She ran fever and had some vomiting until Monday. She is such a sad little sick kid. She just wanted to be held the whole time. Which is way opposite of norm for her. The good thing I can say is every time she got sick, she missed the floor and the bed. The bad thing, she never missed my shirt. We finally took her to the dr. on Tuesday and she's currently taking antibiotics for a double ear infection and strep throat. Still getting over it. She acts more like herself every day.

Azlyn has started Summer Rec this week. She really enjoys it. Monday was the first day. She had been gone all last weekend for Maddie's birthday party out of town. She came back seriously sunburned and seriously exhausted. Letting her go to Summer Rec on Monday was probably not the greatest of ideas. Eventhough she did rest during the afternoon, she was a big ball of tired at her softball game Monday night. Apparently she wasn't the only one who had spent too much time in the sun because the whole team seemed to be dragging.

Wednesday, which was Hazel's first day at day care this week, I picked up Azlyn from summer rec at noon and noticed that one of her eyes was very red. Come to find out, my niece had pink eye last week and they spent the whole weekend together at the birthday party. So whether the infection came from her or from some anonymous person at Summer Rec, Azlyn has pink eye. Thankfully my sister-in-law had left over drops so I got those last night and have started Azlyn on them. This saves us a second trip to a dr. and pharmacy this week. But wait my story isn't finished. As I sat in the middle of this post, my sister-in-law calls and says that her son (my nephew) now has the pink eye. She has therefore agreed to split the medicine with me so that we can both use it.

Hopefully our family will all be well when we leave for vacation. I have been drinking my orange juice, trying to build my immune system. There are lots of last minute things that have to be done before we go. Get a person to feed the dogs and water the plants, make sure I have plenty of provisions for my mom while she keeps Hazel (diapers, wipes, etc.) Make sure all the bills are paid. Tony's pay day, which is usually the day I pay bills, is the Friday we are gone so I have to make sure all of that is taken care of before hand.

Anyway, I am looking forward to our vacation. Tony called today and said that the closer the day gets, the worse he feels for leaving Hazel. But I assured him that she would be fine and we are going to be able to do so much more without her. Not that we don't love her and enjoy being with her, but sometimes a one year old can hold you back from jet skiing on the ocean.

Hope this blog finds you all well. The whole two people that read it. I appreciate you Wendy and Jennifer. It just helps me release to write down my life, and it's also like a journal that I can save and look back on. My goal for this blog is to also include more pictures. I need to take the time at home to send my pictures to my work email since I write all my blogs during my free time at work.

I will leave you with a saying I found that I really liked:

"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things."

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment