Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Going Great!

Well, our family made it through the last week of school. The family coming over for the cookout went great. Everyone bragged about what a good cook my husband was. I do have to admit that I got lucky. He cooked the entire dinner on the grill. Except for the salad. We have gotten very gutsy with our cooking. We like trying new things. For instance we had tilapia cooked on the grill Tuesday and it was very good. Azlyn wasn't a fan, but I wasn't surprised. She ate the rice and beans that went with it.

We took Azlyn to the eye dr. in Ft. Worth yesterday. We got some more good news. Her vision is continuing to improve. She has reached the age that any improvement is good. But she only lacks one more line on the chart to be able to pass the driving test. She was very excited, as was I. We will continue droping for at least another 4 months.

We officially have 2 weeks until vacation. I am so excited about going to Mexico. I have never been so it will all be brand new. Last night Azlyn wanted to get online to see if they would have flippers to fit her in order to snorkel. I told her that they didn't post flipper sizes online. She was a little bummed but got excited when I showed her on the world map where it was exactly we were going. She has not really shown any anxiety about the flying. I am beginning to feel it a little. With that plane headed toward France going down in the middle of the ocean and no one could find it for days. That's crazy! The last time I flew I was around 6 years old and it was from Dallas to Amarillo. We barely got to altitude before we started descending. A quick 30 minute flight. Anyways, I look forward to geing some relaxation. Maybe reading an actual book and not just magazine articles. But poor Hazel. I know we are doing this because we have always wanted, and Azlyn is going with us but I am going to miss Hazel something fierce. I get teary eyed just thinking about leaving her. But Tony and I need this vacation and by gosh we deserve it. Viva La Mexico!

No comments:

Post a Comment