Thursday, May 14, 2009

Hello Blog World

Well, I am new to this whole blogging thing. I have been following a couple of blogs from friends and acquatinces (sp?). I thought, I can do that. Not that what I have to say is interesting or profound but it is my life.

Speaking of my life, here is a little about it. I am married to Tony. We were married October 14, 2000. We were young, in love, and starting a family. Honestly, I had my doubts from the beginning but now couldn't imagine being with anyone else in the world. The first couple of years were tough. But I think that is the fact with any marriage. And now Tony is more than my husband, I can honestly say he is my best friend. We share everything with each other: our thoughts, our hopes, our fears, our entire lives. Next year is our tenth anniversary. I hope to celebrate our fiftieth together. But hopefully it won't fly by as fast as these ten have. That's enough gooshy stuff. On to the kids...

Azlyn Janae was born in February of 2001. She was our angel from the moment she was born. She has always been the sweetest little girl. As a toddler and heck even today, she has been extremely shy. She loves with all her heart and has compassion for everyone she meets. But lately I have started to notice her other side. I think it may have something to do with age (8 is the new 12) and the fact that she was the center of everything until her sister came along about a year ago. She stays very active with extracurricular activities (cheerleading, basketball and softball). We try to push that so she can grow out of her shyness. She does have a couple of good friends that we see a lot of. Maddie and Azlyn have been friends since the day they were born and have continued to be even as they have grown.

Hazel Lynn arrived in October of 2007. If any two kids could be more opposite, it's my two. Where Azlyn is shy and reserved, Hazel is outgoing and mischevious. In fact, Tony told me the other day that he thought God brought us Hazel to teach him patience. Hazel is going at 90 miles per hour from the time she wakes up until the time she goes to bed. I have always thought that those parents who put their kids on those leash things were cruel, but with Hazel, I am thinking it's not such a bad idea. I can't wait to see what is in store for her life. She brings so much joy to ours.
Well that's my life in general. Hopefully you won't find my posts too boring!

1 comment:

  1. Boy you're right about 8 being the new 12! Clever yet true! Just wait until you have a 12 year old though, lol!

    Funny how we look at other parents' practices, then we have a child like Hazel (or Jaika in my house). Yep, Poison Control on speed dial...!

    ReplyDelete